China Team Development Coordinator (China TDC)
We’re looking for a Team Development Coordinator to be in charge of implementing, running and supervising our Outreach Program for Chinese high school students. This is a part time telecommute position that will be tracked with weekly goals.
– Proficiency in Mandarin or Cantonese and English: speaking, writing and reading
– In-depth understanding of Chinese culture
– Knowledge of Chinese education system
– Availability to work during China Standard time zone (CST)
It’s also important to be a self-starter. You will have constant access to the staff of Volunteers Around the World for guidance, however much of the work will require you to be self-motivated as you will not come into an office. Therefore, what you produce is how we measure your productivity.
It is important that you feel comfortable in a leadership role and are a very outgoing and social person; you will need to present VAW’s aspirations to students, school principals, faculty members, NGO authorities and others; so you will need to feel comfortable articulating ideas and talking to strangers and in front of large audiences.
The main responsibilities will be:
– Research Chinese framework of norms and laws for volunteerism abroad
– Interview students and school authorities to get a better understanding of their needs
– Establish partnerships to reach goals
– Create presentations, letters, flyers and any materials needed
– Contact students and recruit members
– Provide mentoring to members during the year
– Guide fundraising and training events
– Set weekly report meetings with VAW National Staff
If you are interested in this exciting position, email Briana Sherlock (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Nicole Arguedas (email@example.com), telling us three strengths that make YOU right for this position (no more than 150 words).
Desired Start Date: ASAP